Book Review: Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts #1)

Bring Down the Stars by Emma Scott             

My rating: 5 of 5 stars                             

I fell for Connor Drake. I didn’t want to; I fought against it, but I fell in love with him anyway. With his words. With his poetry. With him. The gentleness and beauty of his soul that speaks directly to mine. He writes as if he can feel my heart, hear its cadence and compose the exact right lyrics to accompany every beat and flow.
I’m in love with Connor…so why do I feel an inexplicable pull to his best friend, Weston? Grouchy, sullen, brooding Weston Turner, who could cut you down with a look. Fiercely intelligent with a razor sharp wit and acid tongue, he’s the exact opposite of Connor in every way, and yet there’s electricity in the air between us. The thorny barbs Weston wraps around himself can’t keep me away.
But the more time I spend with these men, the more tangled and confused my emotions become. When they both sign up for the Army Reserves during a time of increasing strife in the Middle East, I fear I’ll never unravel my own heart that sometimes feels as if it will tear straight down the middle…for both of them. 


This review contains doesn't contain any major spoilers! (*gasp* I know!)

With that said, let's jump right in!

When I'm feeling overwhelmed I have this really dumb reaction to it, which is to start laughing. And right now, little laughs keep bursting out of me. Someone please send help LOL.

help

too much

make it stop

It's not been five minutes since I've finished this book, and I'm still shell shocked. But I'll try my hardest to put my thoughts in order so that I can write this review and start next book ASAP.

I don't how else to describe it than Oh, my god .

amazing


I'm having such a hard time putting my feelings into words, there is just an overabundance of them. I both deeply loved and hated every single second of this story. I live for the drama and the angst, but they make me so impossibly frustrated. Throughout the whole book my stomach was in knots and my chest felt tight. There was just so many emotions, so much pain, love, guilt, hope and everything in between.

description


And the poetry. Man, the poetry. I'm not really a poetry kind of girl. But those few poems in this book got to me. They made me feel something. The longing was absolutely heartbreaking.

Connor was a well meaning, clueless idiot, Wes was a self-sacrificing,stoney-faced-softie idiot, and Autumn was a blind idiot. I hated them, I loved them. I want to shake the dumbness out of them, and I want them to be happy and healthy and together. And I'm not making any sense. Trust me, I know.

description


This is one of those rare times where I won't spoil anything because I truly believe this is a book everyone has to experience fully and without much background info. Just jump blindly into it and soak it all in. I promise you, you won't regret it!

description

**I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**



What should I read next?


*Friend me on Goodreads
*Find me on Instagram

Comments