Long Live the Beautiful Hearts by Emma Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Never again would I allow my heart to become the plaything of someone else.Never again would I let a man (or men) come between me and my goals.
Never again would I love without feeling the fullness of that love in return.
Not until I knew it was real. And if that took me a lifetime to find, so be it.
Those were my vows, and after all that had happened with Connor and Weston, I was determined to keep them. To protect my heart.
And then he came home, and my vows became his promises.
He held my heart in his hands with reverence and care.
He helped me find my soul’s greatest purpose in life.He loved me with a love so pure and vibrant, I knew I’d never feel anything like it in a hundred lifetimes.It was real.
With that said, let's jump right in!
This review is gonna be short and sweet, because, well... I'm feeling kinda disappointed.
The overall feel of this book is so polar opposite of the first one. Reading Bring Down the Stars was such a visceral experience for me. My stomach was tight with anxiety the whole time. On the other hand, this book gave me some lukewarm feelings at best. Books being able to evoke a physical response is such a rare, magical thing and I was so sad to see that quality was lost in Long Live the Beautiful Hearts.
Was it a bad book? No, not at all. It just didn't live up to the expectations set by book one.
There was some heartbreak and drama at the beginning of the story, but then it just became too sweet, too cute and lost its originality and unique voice. My connection to the characters weakened, and then I lost interest to the point where I read another book in the middle of reading this one (which is not something I ever typically do).
In a story where everything was completely messed up, everything turned out too perfect and I think that took away from the original plot.
Still, as I said, not a bad book. And worth reading to get some closure. Plus, the poetry is still so beautiful and filled with emotion!
**I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
What should I read next?
*Find me on Instagram



Vaya! Tiene buena pinta :) Creo que lo a añadiré a mi lista, porcierto,te he nominado para participar en el Libster Award, aquí te dejo el link; https://promesasdelibros.blogspot.com/2019/07/liebster-award.html
ReplyDelete